Sunday, May 12, 2019
GRACE MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH
1301 Beacon Street Springfield, Ohio
The DePriest Family, Richard Chaney, David Drukker, Edie Daves, Thelma Farmer, Effie Pressnell, Kay and Jim Bowers, Scott Robbins, Glen Massie, Larry Timmins, Gertrude Burton, Dave and Betty Wagner, Larry Haden
THE PASTOR'S DESK
The late Erma Bombeck tells of God in the act of creating mothers. She says that on the day God created mothers He had already worked long overtime. And an angel said to Him, “Lord, you sure are spending a lot of time on this one.” The Lord turned and said, “Have you read the specs on this model? She is supposed to be completely washable, but not plastic. She is to have 180 moving parts, all of them replaceable. She is to have a kiss that will heal everything from a broken leg to a broken heart. She is to have a lap that will disappear whenever she stands up. She is to be able to function on black coffee and leftovers. And she is supposed to have six pairs of hands.” “Six pairs of hands,” said the Lord, “It’s the three pairs of eyes. She is supposed to have one pair that sees through closed doors so that whenever she says, “What are you kids doing in there?” she already knows what they’re doing in there.” She has another pair in the back of her head to see all the things she is not supposed to see but must see. And then she has one pair right in front that can look at a child that just goofed and communicate ”love and understanding without saying a word.” “That’s too much.” said the angel, “You can’t put that much in one model. Why don’t you rest for a while and resume your creating tomorrow?” “No, I can’t”, said the Lord. “I’m close to creating someone very much like myself. I’ve already come up with a model who can heal herself when she is sick - who can feed a family of six with one pound of hamburger - and who can persuade a nine year old to take a shower.” Then the angel looked at the model of motherhood a little more closely and said, “She’s too soft.” “Oh, but she is tough,” Said the Lord. “You’d be surprised at how much this mother can do.” “Can she think?” asked the angel. “No only can she think but she can reason and compromise and persuade.” Then the angel reached over and touched her cheek. “This one has a leak,” he said. “I told you that you couldn’t put that much in one model.” “That’s not a leak,” said the Lord. “That’s a tear.” “What’s the tear for?” asked the angel. for “Well it’s for joy, for sadness, for sorrow, for disappointment, for pride.” “You’re a genius,” said the angel. And the Lord said. “Oh, but I didn’t put it there. “
- Happy Mothers Day! We’re so glad you’re here! There will be no evening service.
- Help us as we partner with the Pregnancy Resource Center for their “Blessings in a Bottle” campaign again this year! Beginning today. Mother’s Day and will run through Father’s Day, fill a baby bottle (available in the Welcome Center) with your spare change to help them make a change. Please see sister Julie Brannon for any questions.
- Grace has a new phone number 937-717-9187.
- Ellen Schultz, Sue DePreist mother went home to be with the Lord. Visitation is a t Richards, Raff & Dunbar Memorial Home on Monday from 12-1pm with the funeral to follow.
- Tadd Chaney’s father Richard Chaney went home to be with the Lord on Friday afternoon. His service will be at Richards, Raff, & Dunbar Memorial Home.
- Next Sunday Night we will be having a special singing. Wallen Ridge from Tipp City will be here at 6:00pm. Please invite all you can to come out.
- If you would like to help out with this year’s VBS happening June 17-21, please let Sister Dee Zerkle or the Pastor know. We ask that all volunteers attend each of the meetings listed below to get all pertinent information about schedules, lessons, and procedures, Let’s have a great year!!
- Sat May 25, June 8, June 15- Decorating Day, from 10am-12pm on all dates
- We have Prayer Cards on the table out in the main hall. Please let your request be made known on them and our prayer team will be praying for them during Sunday School If you have a prayer request you would like shared please write “Share” on the prayer card and it will be mentioned after Sunday School.
May 12, 2019
May 5, 2019
April 7, 2019
March 31, 2019
March 24, 2019
March 17, 2019
March 10, 2019
February 24, 2019
May 14, 2017
May 7, 2017
April 16, 2017
July 5, 2015
June 21, 2015