Knock, and it will be opened to you. Matthew 7:7
Title: Where Do You Stand Before God?
By: Orbie Estep Jr
Date: October 29, 2017
Notes: Low Quality recording. Used the built in Microphone and picked up a lot of noise.
From The Pastor’s Desk
Discipleship is never easy. It’s not something that you are born with. However, when you are born again, it is something you should plan on doing. Discipleship can be as simple as sharing your testimony with others. Some of us don’t even share a testimony but should.
What were you like before you accepted Jesus as your Savior? Discipleship can be a trip for someone, other than yourself, down that “memory lane.”. Just be careful no to get too colorful. If you told others of what you did and who you were before being saved, it might turn them to God. Who knows your testimony better than you? The thing about a testimony is that it is yours and no one can dispute it. If you use your testimony, there is not, or should not be, a lot of memorization and preparation. Now, I am not suggesting that you go out into the world without any other knowledge of God; other than your testimony.
A class in discipleship and participation in your Church’s Bible studies is always a great idea. The harvest is great, but only if we decide that we want to participate in the harvest itself. Don’t be like a third-string quarterback who always sits on the sidelines and watches the game from the bench. Get out there for Jesus.
Those at Koinonia weekend retreat, Roger Smith, Carolyn Baldwin, Chakara Dozier, Josephine Wilder, Pete Brown, Leo Merchant, Fred Heaston, George Cook, Effie Pressnell, Becky Hitchcock, The Faith Walk Drama Team, Rev. James and Lucille Reed, The Marshall family, Our country
- There will no service and no choir practice this evening. The church family that is interested in buying our building will be having their service here. Please be in prayer for them.
- Join us next Sunday morning for our monthly Fellowship Breakfast at 9am. Come enjoy the food and fellowhip!
- Saturday, November 4th from 3:00-6:30 there will be a Fall Festival with chili and corn bread at St Paul’s church 123 South Yellow Spring St. Dave Garrett invites all to come out!
- The Faithwalk Drama Team from Morehead Kentucky will be here next Sunday, November 5th. You don’t want to miss their show!!
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
- The Teens will have their Tuesday nights devotions at the Pastor’s house this week.
- Come out and join us for our monthly fundraising dinner this Wednesday starting at 5:30pm, before Bible study. All proceeds go to the building fund.
- Fred and Karen would like to extend the invitation to Grace members for their wedding this Thursday, November 2nd at 5:30pm.
- Grace will be having a Craft Sale on November 11th. Please be in prayer about how you would like to be a part of this. We could use crafters, helpers, and monetary donations to purchase crafting items. Any and all help is greatly appreciated! All proceeds go to the building fund. See Sister Amy for details.
- Field trip!!! We are planning a group outing to see Christian Comedian, Chonda Pierce, on Saturday, November 11th Please see the signup sheet on the bulletin board for details. Sorry Tickets are sold out!!!
- Don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour Saturday night.
- If you are interested in volunteering at the Rue Farms retail store, please see brother Glen Massie to get signed up. Each volunteer will work and earn money for the building fun. #WatchGodWork
- School supplies are out so now is a good time to get crayons and drawing paper etc. for the nursery and children’s classes. Our little ones appreciate it.
- Our Guatemala 2018 Missions team is having a shoe and Bible sponorship. We are collecting $5.00 for either shoes for a child or Bibles for the adults. Check out the flier on the back bulletin board or see Sister Deb for more questions
- Reminder: Our church van runs every Sunday morning, if you know of someone who needs a ride please see Sister Penny Brown.
- Yound Adult Ministry: Skyler and Aloni McNutt have a Young Adult Ministry at the 616 Building. Thursday evenings at 7pm. Please lift them and this ministry up in your prayers. For more details see Skylar or Aloni.
- Teen’s Group Tuesday evening 7pm.
- Men’s Bible study Tuesdays at 7pm.