Grace Weekly News
November 12, 2017
Unedited From Church Service Sunday Morning
FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK…
Larry Crabb, in his book “Shattered Dreams,” (another way of saying letdowns) “Our shattered dreams are never random. They are always a piece in a larger puzzle, a chapter in a larger story. Pain is a tragedy. But it’s never only a tragedy. For the Christian it’s always a necessary mile on the long journey to joy. The suffering caused by shattered dreams must not be thought of as something to relieve if we can or endure if we must. It’s an opportunity to be embraced, a chance to discover our desire for the highest blessing God wants to give us, an encounter with himself. FRIENDS – do you see what Larry is saying? Shattered dreams, letdowns, pain and hardships are a beautiful reminder that our greatest desire, that living water, that real life – is not about being blessed and life going well BUT it’s about knowing God – being in his presence – AND that being enough
Lisa Crowder, Roger Smith, Effie Pressnell, Thelma Farmer, Bob Jenkins, Betty Sawyer, Larry Hayden, Heather Jordan, Marc Tritle, Barbara O’riely, The Marshall Family, and The Texas Church tragedy,
- Thank you to our veterans for serving our country!!
- Nursing Home ministries today at Eaglewood and Heartland. Please lift up Skylar McNutt and Jim Chubb
- Big Thanks to all those who helped or made things for the Craft and Sub Sale yesterday! We appreciate all your hard work that made this fundraiser a great success! #WatchGodWork
- MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
- Our Christmas program is Dec.17th . Invite someone to join you.
- Don’t forget, Choir practice today at 4:30!
- If you are interested in volunteering at the Rue Farms retail store, please see brother Glenn Massie to get signed up. Each volunteer will work and earn money for the building fund. #WhyGrace
- Our Guatemala 2018 Missions team is having a shoe and Bible sponsorship. We are collecting $5.00 for either a pair of shoes for a child or a Bible for the adults. Check out the flier on the back bulletin board or see Sister Deb for more questions.
- Our church van runs every Sunday morning, if you know of someone who needs a ride please see Sis. Penny Brown.
- Young Adult ministry: Skyler and Aloni McNutt have a Young Adult ministry at the 616 Building, Thursday evenings at 7pm. Please lift them and this ministry up in your prayers. For more details see Skylar or Aloni.
- Teen’s Group Tuesday evening, 7pm. Men’s Bible study Tuesdays at 7pm.