Grace Weekly News
Title: “Relationship With God”
By: Orbie Estep Jr
Date: June 4, 2017
FROM THE PASTOR’S DESK…
At the Crossroad “I encountered a man on the Road of life, so sure of himself – so convinced he was right. He had (his) religion, but he didn’t know God, And though he had eyes, I thought that rather odd: He only could see what he wanted to see. So, blind to the truth that could set his soul free; the man charged ahead – unaware he was lost, until he encountered a Man on a cross at a fork in the road where the path became two and the man who’d always been sure of himself had to choose. Between broad and narrow, between left and right, Between things he could see, and things still out of sight. And I’m sure that the man would have gone the wrong way, Had he not encountered the Savior that day. But love rescued him Truth set him free Grace opened his eyes – he could finally see That the Man on the cross made the difference. Now listen, as this once-proud skeptic proclaims: “For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Source unknown)
The Brandenberry family, Terry Knapp, Tony Howard, Effie Pressnell, Roger Smith, Bob Jenkins, The Marshall family, Those affected by the fires in California, Our Country
- Big thanks to the Sidner family for opening their home for the annual Pig Roast and Hayride yesterday! Was a good time of food, fun, and fellowship!
- We will be baptizing this morning, praise the Lord!! Are you being obedient concerning baptism?
- We will be serving the Lord’s Supper this evening.
- Choir Practice for our Christmas program starts today at 4:30. Come out and be a part of our choir!
- The FAITHWALK DRAMA TEAM from Morehead Kentucky will be here Sunday, Nov 5th. You don’t want to miss their show!!
- NEW AT GRACE: We will be serving dinner on the first Wednesday of every month before bible study. All proceeds will go to the building fund. Please see Sister Amy for a list of what to bring. Thank you in advance for your participation.
- Fred and Karen would like to extend the invitation to Grace members for their wedding this Thursday, Nov 2nd at 5:30pm.
- Pumpkin Carving with Interfaith is this Thursday, Oct 19th. We need all the help we can get. Currently there are about 30 residents. If you can give a smile or hug you can help. Please see Sister Dee for any questions.
- Grace will be having a Craft Sale on November 11th. Please be in prayer about how you would like to be a part of this. All proceeds go to the building fund. See Sister Amy for details.
- Field trip!!! We are planning a group outing to see Christian Comedian, Chonda Pierce, on Saturday, November 11th Please see the signup sheet on bulletin board for details.
- If you are interested in volunteering at the Rue Farms retail store, please see brother Glenn Massie to get signed up. Each volunteer will work and earn money for the building fund. #WatchGodWork
- School supplies are out so now is a good time to get crayons and drawing paper etc. for the nursery and children’s classes. Our little ones appreciate it.
- Our Guatemala 2018 Missions team is having a shoe and Bible sponsorship. We are collecting $5.00 for either shoes for a child or Bibles for the adults. Check out the flier on the back bulletin board or see Sister Deb for more questions.
- REMINDER: Our church van runs every Sunday morning, if you know of someone who needs a ride please see Sis. Penny Brown.
- Young Adult ministry: Skyler and Aloni McNutt have a Young Adult ministry at the 616 Building, Thursday evenings at 7pm. Please lift them and this ministry up in your prayers. For more details see Skylar or Aloni.
- Teen’s Group Tuesday evening, 7pm.
- Men’s Bible study Tuesdays at 7pm.